Mid-level industry position
Requisition 98547BRLocations: San Jose, CAWhen you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.How will you make an impact?
This opening is for a dynamic and self-motivated individual to support latest generation LCMS instrumentation as an Associate Lab Application Scientist. As a member of the Thermo Fisher Scientific North America Center of Excellence, the candidate will work within a multi-disciplinary matrix team that includes regional sales representatives, marketing and service professionals, product development scientists, and engineers. Primary responsibility will be to support the commercial field sales by conducting LCMS product demonstrations related to Pharma & BioPharma relevant biomolecule analysis (e.g. intact proteins, peptide mapping etc.) applications. Additional responsibilities include providing pre-sales support to our commercial field sales team at customer sites to position them for successful wins, and enabling the success of our customers through post-sales training and application support.
What will you do?
- Conduct and participate actively in LCMS product demonstrations showcasing Thermo Scientific’s state of the art mass spectrometry products (Triple Quadrupole and Orbitrap based products).
- Provide pre- and post-sales technical support as well as applications assistance in response to customer inquiries (both internal and external), including education, training and on-site visits.
- Work with senior members of the Center of Excellence to create well-organized information-rich tools (documents and seminars) and effectively deliver them in an engaging manner.
- Build new customer advocates from newly completed sales.
- Communicate with customers in a professional manner.
- Combine conceptual and analytical knowledge to independently address basic problems
- Independently prioritize projects based on feedback from manager and senior team members and adapt to critical feedback
- Perform other relevant duties as required.
- Ensure that all activities are carried out in accordance with Thermo Fisher Scientific policies and applicable laws.
- Represent Thermo Fisher Scientific by clearly and consistently demonstrating Thermo Fisher Scientific mission, vision, values and objectives to both our employees and end-user customers.
How will you get here?
- 1+ years of hands on LCMS experience in the analysis of peptides and proteins is required, 2+ years experience with MS degree is preferred.
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative Pharma & BioPharma relevant LCMS workflows (e.g. intact proteins, peptide mapping, etc.) and associated sample preparation techniques is required.
- Experience with High Resolution Accurate Mass Spectrometry instrumentation and Liquid Chromatography is highly desirable.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills (English).
- A proven track record to work independently and a strong work ethic is critical.
- Ability to travel up to 50% within North America required.
- Demonstrate Thermo Fisher Scientific values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
- Demonstrate Role Model Leader characteristics
- Embody the 4-I values
- Previous experience on Thermo Scientific MS instrumentation preferred.
- Knowledge of peptide and protein analytical workflows and associated informatics.
- Self-motivated to drive continuous learning.
- Track record in achieving or exceeding commercial management objectives on a consistent basis.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $24 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands - Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status. Read More
Philadelphia's Fair Chance Hiring Law Read More
Disability Access If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, including the use of this website, please Click Here.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws; Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA); Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO); and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).