Mid-level industry position
Minimum Level of Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Percentage of Travel: Up to 10%
Location: CA - San Diego
Defines, develops, evaluates and oversees the implementation of pricing models and strategies designed to optimize revenue, market share, brand positioning and long-term profits.
- Manages pricing strategy across assigned Sales region to achieve organization’s revenue & profitability objectives and to ensure the integrity of NuVasive’s pricing strategy is maintained
- Assist in the development of pricing strategies and programs
- Formulate pricing guidance to regional Sales team and recommendations to Commercial Organization management
- Prepare and analyze market share data, historical sales data and competitive pricing analysis to identify and develop customer pricing strategies and models
- Work with Marketing Team towards understanding NuVasive’s product portfolio and product’s clinical benefits and in defining product pricing strategy. Ensuring knowledge is translated to Pricing Team towards supporting pricing strategy and negotiations
- Work cross-functionally to represent the Commercial Organization’s pricing and contracting requirements
- Work with Commercial Organization management and Pricing leadership to gather necessary pricing and business term approvals
- Negotiate both business terms and conditions and pricing directly with customers as needed to get resolution on Agreements
- Ensures the accurate management of contracts throughout the contract lifecycle, including implementation of pricing, product additions, resolution of pricing discrepancies and management of any contractual obligations (rebates, commitment tracking, etc.)
- Communicate effectively within all levels of the organization
- Manage ad hoc reporting and tasks as needed
Perform duties in compliance with applicable FDA and state regulations as well as standards including, but not limited to, ISO 13485.
Nature and Scope:
Responsible for supervising a team comprised of non-exempt and exempt Shareowners; typically contributes to financial and resource planning and is responsible for results of team(s); counsels Shareowners on performance and contributes to Shareowner pay decisions/changes.
Guided by short-term objectives; improves processes in support of defined area objectives.
Leads performance and collaboration across teams.
Provides direct supervision to professional individual contributors and/or skilled, support individual contributors (e.g., technicians, designers, support personnel). Acts as adviser to unit or sub-units and may become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems.Basic QualificationsTypically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experiencePreferred Qualifications
- Experience with a Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM) is a plus
- Medical device and Capital Sales experience are a plus
NuVasive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. The “EEO is the Law” poster options are available here. NuVasive's EEO policy is available here. Nuvasive is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, including the use of this website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.