Mid-level industry position
The Staff Scientist, Immunology Application is a key role within the BD Biosciences Medical and Scientific Affairs organization. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving the establishment of BD Biosciences as the scientific partner of choice for immunologists and immuno-oncologists. As an established and respected Immunologist, the candidate will work across different functions from different Regions (Medical and Scientific Affairs, R&D, Marketing) to influence the generation of scientifically relevant data showcasing the value proposition of the complete workflow solution provided by BD Biosciences portfolio. As a single-cell analysis expert, the candidate will lead the development of immunology and immune-oncology applications based on the use of high parameter flow cytometry and single-cell multiomic analysis. The candidate will also be the face of BD Biosciences and will work closely with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) to identify unmet needs, raise awareness about BD Biosciences products and provide solutions to the scientific community.
As an established Immunologist:
- Stay up to date on scientific trends in immunology and immuno-oncologyIdentify opportunities for the development of applications and solutions for the study of highly relevant immunology and immune-oncology topics
- Establish and manage relationships with KOLs
- Present scientific and technical oral presentations or webinars to diverse audiences
- Prepare and review scientific documents (data sheets, white papers, posters, peer-reviewed manuscripts)
As a single-cell analysis expert:
- Develop high-parameter flow cytometry panels (20+ colors) and single-cell multiomic assays relevant to the field of immunology and immune-oncology.
- Follow the current best practices in flow cytometry and panel design, as well as contribute to the development of future best practices
- Contribute to the design and development of next generation flow cytometry tools (instrumentation, reagents, assays, bioinformatics)
- Create narratives showcasing the full solution provided by BD Biosciences portfolio, including cell analyzers, cell sorters, single-cell multiomic platform, bioinformatics tools.
- As a Technical Leader.
- Provide key inputs into critical Marketing and R&D activities as required.
- Identify significant scientific trends or new issues of strategic importance and communicate to Leadership as appropriate.
- Act as a liaison between US and Regional Medical and Scientific Affairs, Marketing and Applications teams to ensure global strategic alignment.
- Immunology and immune-oncology scientific leader in BD Biosciences.
- High-profile immunologist with strong publication record
- Requires experience designing, performing, and analyzing >12 color flow cytometry experiments, preferably on BD flow cytometers (LSRII, LSRFortessa, Canto, Aria, FACSymphony)
- Prior experience with high parameter (20+ colors) flow cytometry and single-cell multiomic analysis is a strong plus
- Experience with bioinformatics and high dimensional data analysis tools is highly desirable
- Advanced analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Developed organizational, time management, and planning skills to efficiently manage multiple projects
- May require up to 30% travel
Education and professional experience:
- Requires a Ph.D. in immunology or a related life science discipline with a minimum of 5 years of post-doctoral and/or industry experience.
- Strong track record of peer-reviewed publications in reputed scientific journals.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience operating a flow cytometer.
- Previous experience in a customer facing role is a plus
Similar Job Openings NearbyStaff Nonclinical Scientist, ToxicologySalt Lake City, Utah, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, San Diego, California, Vernon Hills, Illinois, Franklin Lakes, New Jersey, Warwick, Rhode Island15747026
Join our Talent Community
Jobs By Category
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
All applicants should complete the on-line application process. BD is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or an accommodation because of a disability to participate in the application process, please call 855-BD-HELPS (855-234-3577) or email email@example.com