Give hope. Give health. Make your mark in the fight against cancer.
At Accuray, we make a direct and powerful impact on the lives of cancer patients every day — helping them live longer, better lives. But our commitment to innovation offers a truly unique opportunity: the chance to change the fight against cancer — helping to develop, introduce and support new treatment delivery systems and software that will give new hope and new health to cancer patients and cancer survivors around the world.
OUR VISION AND MISSION is to work passionately to create a future without the fear, pain or human suffering of cancer. We pursue this by developing precise, innovative tumor treatment solutions that empower clinicians and help cancer patients live longer, better lives.
Accuray develops, manufactures and sells radiotherapy systems that make cancer treatments shorter, safer, personalized and more effective, ultimately enabling patients to live longer, better lives. Our radiation treatment delivery systems in combination with fully-integrated software solutions set the industry standard for precision and cover the full range of radiation therapy and radiosurgery procedures.
Director, Sales Operations, Americas
The Director, AMS Sales Operations will partner with the AMS General Manager, sales representatives and executive management to provide business process and operations support for the AMS commercial organization. The successful candidate will have management experience, experience with process improvement and project management, and with supporting a sales commercial organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage a group of professional employees who are responsible for forecasting, financial modeling, and/or commission calculations
- Partner with senior sales leadership to identify opportunities to simplify the sales process through optimization and automation. Facilitate successful implementation and adoption of new processes within the Field Operations organization. Foster an organization of continuous process improvement
- Go to market planning / Operational Plans – Market potential assessment, design and implementation of sales coverage model, productivity targets, quota credit and compensation rules, territory definition and account assignments
- Design and implement the Forecasting and Opportunity management process, striving to drive consistency
- Active monitoring of the relevant KPIs and preparation of relevant analysis to support senior management decision making, driving transparency and insight into the health of the business and the actions required to improve
- Support business scalability through initiatives such as simplification and standardization of processes, and sharing of best practices across the team and the regions
- Own AMS deal desk support for large or/and custom deals, providing support in pricing, deal analysis, deal structuring, negotiation, closure and fulfillment
- Engage with Finance/Sales to drive the Budgeting and Planning process
- Act as a subject matter expert and provide guidance to the Field Sales team and cross-functional partners in all aspects of the sales process including providing standard and non-standard solutions to support the business
- Serve as a trusted advisor to field sales team on pricing, product configuration, and business terms to support the sales effort
- Advise sales on objection handling techniques, alternative contract options, and/or value propositioning to help drive deal closures
- Establish and implement performance measures designed to track and report progress against the global sales strategy
- Manage weekly sales forecast and develop key performance metrics and dashboards that help the AMS sales organization focus on performance drivers
- Assist in design, development and implementing of incentive compensation plans in support of company philosophy of paying for sales performance and retaining sales talent. Assign sales quotas and other sales objectives to ensure the company’s financial goals are allocated to all sales channels and resources
- Work with corporate operations and management to identify process improvement and sales training opportunities
- Assist with development & delivery of sales enablement tools (e.g. sales handbook, product & pricing FAQ's, approval templates, etc.)
- Develop, oversee, and administer the company’s worldwide sales forecast. Maintains relationship with field personnel to ensure timely, accurate, and prompt forecast submissions
- Use knowledge of company products, services, support and technology, to oversee sales operations activities to achieve company goals
- Responsible for organizing financial modeling and statistical studies for sales department
- Establish procedures and processes for forecasting and financial modeling
- Interact closely with the Chief Commercial Officer, Chief Financial Officer, and other senior management to set company policy regarding sales operations and forecasting
- Leadership, strategic thinking, business acumen
- Analytics Capabilities - Experience doing data analysis, modeling, and/or financial analysis to support and drive business decisions
- Consultative approach and strong communication skills to engage with key stakeholders on the senior executive level. Conflict resolution & change agility. Proven cross-team collaborations and facilitation/change management skills
- Experience in driving complex, cross-organizational projects for process improvement
- Customer-focused mindset
- Proven Strategy and Execution skills
- Innovative thinker with strong ability for strategic vision
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Effective time management skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to make sound business and management decisions to achieve company's objectives
- Experience in sales, marketing & pricing management
- Experience in large capital equipment products preferred, though not required
- Experience with revenue recognition principles
- Good understanding of regional business cultures and differences
- Must be detailed oriented and have good organizational skills
At Accuray, our commitment to patient-first outcomes drives an inclusive and collaborative work environment where the best ideas rise to the top — and everyone works to push them further. We value diversity in both the professional and personal backgrounds of our employees, as this variety adds rich energy to every team, every project and every work day. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin – including individuals with disabilities and veterans.