Mid-level industry position
: Job Description
This opening is for a dynamic, self-motivated and experienced individual to support state-of-the-art LCMS instrumentation as a Field Application Scientist. As a member of the Thermo Fisher Scientific North America Center of Excellence, the candidate will work within a multi-disciplinary matrix team that includes regional sales representatives, marketing and service professionals, product development scientists, and engineers. Primary responsibilities will be to aid and help customers become more successful with their LCMS Instrumentation in laboratories working on small molecule analysis (e.g. clinical, environmental, pharmaceutical, etc.). Additional responsibilities include technical support for customers, creation of customer facing educational and application materials and assisting in LC-MS product demonstrations.
- Provide pre-sales and post-sales technical and application support in response to field sales requests, customer enquiries (both internal and external), including applications development, documentation education, customer training, and on-site visits.
• Work independently and with members of the Center of Excellence to develop and
update workflow applications and educational content for customer training in
the form of videos, seminars, training manuals etc.
• Plan and participate in educational or User meeting events.
Prioritize projects and mentor junior colleagues so that core job functions are
• Lead LC-MS product demonstrations showcasing Thermo Fisher Scientific’s through the development of applied market focused applications and workflows
state-of-the-art mass spectrometry technology and applications.
• Build new customer advocates from newly completed sales.
• Miscellaneous duties as assigned
• 3+ years of hands on LCMS experience with small molecule LCMS workflows and
associated informatics is required, 5+ years of experience with MS degree is preferred.
• Experience with Triple Quadrupole and High Resolution Accurate Mass Spectrometry
instrumentation and Liquid Chromatography is highly desirable.
• This position requires extensive contact with customers and therefore outstanding
written and oral communication skills are required.
• The ability to work independently with little supervision and a strong work ethic is critical.
• Ability to travel between 50 to 70% within North America will be required
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $24 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands - Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status. Read More
Philadelphia's Fair Chance Hiring Law Read More
Disability Access If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, including the use of this website, please Click Here.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws; Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA); Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO); and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).