Researcher / analyst
South San Francisco
We are seeking a talented and innovative process analytical technology scientist to join our Small Molecule Analytical Chemistry group. The successful candidate will provide enhanced understanding of chemical reactions and crystallizations in early stage development through the design and implementation of on-line/at-line/in-line measurement systems. The individual will partner with colleagues from process chemistry, analytical chemistry, and occasionally pharmaceutics groups to support batch and continuous manufacturing efforts for classical small molecules, hybrid modalities, and nano-particle delivery vehicle assembly. The scientist will develop a broad array of rapid spectroscopic, chromatographic, and imaging methods including on-line HPLC, Raman, FTIR, NIR, PVM, FBRM, GC and other state-of-the-art analytical instruments. In addition, he/she is expected to develop methods for automated process sampling and data analysis, evaluate cutting edge analytical techniques and lead new technology development. The scientist is expected to maintain a high-level scientific profile both internally and externally in terms of pipeline contributions and scholarly achievements. This position requires hands-on experience with modern analytical instrumentation, the ability to simultaneously support 3-5 development programs, and solid method and instrument troubleshooting skills. The successful candidate will accomplish our mission through clear communication, innovation, leadership, teamwork, creative problem-solving.
- Ph.D. in chemical engineering or chemistry, or a closely related field with 0-5 years of experience.
- Strong fundamental knowledge of organic chemistry, spectroscopy, and chromatography; demonstrated ability to apply these skills in the development of small molecules, peptides and/or polymers.
- Hands-on experience with a wide variety of modern analytical instrumentation including, ReactIR, ReactRaman, particle size measurement and in-depth understanding of modern spectroscopic techniques.
- Have demonstrated an outstanding record of productivity, innovation and success in multiple projects over the course of their graduate, post-doctoral and/ or industrial career with sustained publication record in high impact journals and presentations at scientific conferences.
- Knowledge of Matlab and multivariate analysis is desired.
- Have the potential to contribute to the advancement of new drug therapies through innovation and collaboration.
- Experience in feedback control leading to automated process optimization and artificial intelligence is highly valuable.
- Ability to take initiatives, provide strategic input, and solve problems.
- A strong desire to work in a collaborative, multi-disciplinary environment; demonstrated ability to effectively interact in small teams.
- Customer-focused, motivated, detail-oriented, have excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills.
Who We Are
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.