Executive / senior industry position
South San Francisco
We are seeking an exceptional Scientific Researcher/Senior Scientific Researcher to join our Biochemical and Cellular Pharmacology (BCP) Department within Genentech’s Research and Early Development (gRED) organization. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting cellular and biochemical characterization of protein therapeutics for various therapeutic areas as part of the biologics drug discovery program in our South San Francisco location. Specifically, this individual will need to have experience in biotherapeutic discovery and development with an emphasis on developing, validating, and executing biochemical and cell-based in vitro functional pharmacology assays to screen and characterize therapeutics, to support lead-finding and optimization efforts, as well as mechanistic characterization of candidates. In addition, the individual will be expected to develop ex vivo pharmacodynamic and biomarker assays, incorporate assay automation in his/her daily work and employ novel assay technologies.
The candidate will function as part of a multi-disciplinary project team that will coordinate with Antibody Engineering, Protein Chemistry, Therapeutic Areas, and Translational Research groups to advance the projects’ lead molecules. He/she will have the opportunity to present their work to project teams and senior management, and is expected to contribute to publications and present at scientific conferences.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Immunology (preferred), Biochemistry, Cell Biology or a related field with 3 to 8+ years of research experience in academia, biotechnology, or biopharmaceutical experience
- Proven expertise in the design, development, validation, and execution of biochemical and cell-based assays to characterize protein therapeutics
- Experience with flow cytometry, immunoassays, and the culture of mammalian cell lines and primary cells from various species
- Ability to work independently to design, execute, and interpret experiments, and also to collaborate well with project teams
- Record of achievement including publications that demonstrate expertise and knowledge
- Excellent teamwork, oral/written communication, time management, analytical, critical thinking, and organizational skills
- A passion for science and good experiences with interdepartmental and/or external collaborations
Additional desirable skills:
- Familiarity with the multi-disciplinary activities of antibody lead profiling
- Familiarity with automated or semi-automated instrumentation
Who We Are
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the "Apply online" button.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.