Share this JobReq ID: 19543 Description:
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
Responsible for the safe movement of Customer product. Duties include movement of product within unprocessed storage area, transfer of product to processing area, loading and unloading processed product, places and retrieves monitoring devices on product, pre-shipping preparation and staging product in processed area. Reviews product and process documents and instructions, i.e., Customer provided special instructions or work instructions, and ensures accurate processing. May perform the duties of Material Handler, Warehouse or Warehouse Assistant as needed.
- Maximizes processing and minimizes downtime by monitoring equipment used for product movement and transfer; conducts and performs minor repairs, referring major malfunctions and/or unsafe conditions to management or Maintenance Department; maintains a clean orderly work area, performs Material Handling, production functions as needed; processes product according to specifications if qualified by training and certification.
- Contributes to accuracy of processing and product accountability by maintaining product documentation; implements appropriate corrective action as needed; places, retrieves and analyzes product monitoring devices per processing specifications.
- May assist in maintaining product inventory by receiving, identifying, labeling if appropriate, and storing product within the Shipping and Receiving area in accordance with established procedure and any applicable Customer provided special instructions.
- Loads and unloads product into and from processing station, includes forklift operation.
- Contributes to safe product processing by responding to any alarm conditions in an appropriate manner; reports events and activities outside normal parameters to Operator or management.
- Contributes in a team effort by performing according to the guidelines outlined in the STERIS Code of Business Conduct, the GMP, Lean princples and other directives; supporting the directives and decisions of higher level management and accomplishing other duties as assigned.
- Maintains and advances technical skills, knowledge and abilities by assigned training.
- Works in a safe manner and considers safety in all aspects of job.
- Exhibits a commitment to Lean principles and continuous improvement through ensuring defect-free workmanship, assisting others to meet the Customers’ needs, searching for efficient and effective ways to reduce waste, being active and accountable for Customer satisfaction, and satisfying the Customers’ needs with a sense of urgency.
Duties - cont'dRequired Experience
- Requires ability to navigate through defined computer screens.
- Above average organizing, analyzing and a minimum of Level 1 math skills (add and subtract 2 digit numbers. Multiply and divide 10’s and 100’s by 2,3,4,5, ability to use the four arithmetic functions of add, subtract, multiply and divide with money, measurements, e.g. cup, pint, inch, foot, lbs. etc.).
- Requires effective interpersonal skills as demonstrated through prior experience.
- Able to adapt to changing duties and responsibilities.
- Normal hearing range sufficient to hear alarms, bells, horns, etc.
STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) organization with approximately 12,000 associates worldwide and operates in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.
Nearest Major Market: San Diego Job Segment: Medical, Warehouse, Inspector, Shipping and Receiving, Forklift, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Quality, Operations
Registered in Ireland No 595593Registered office: 70 Sir John Rogerson's Quay, Dublin 2 Ireland