The Wall Lab in the Department of Pediatrics, Division of Systems Medicine, and Department of Biomedical Data Science at Stanford University seeks a talented, highly motivated postdoctoral researcher with a background in machine learning and/or mobile and wearable computing. The Wall Lab is developing software for platforms including mobile phones and Google Glass to support AI-driven techniques to rapidly diagnose, track, and treat autism.
Open to U.S. applicants only.
Responsibilities for this position include a combination of:
● Developing mobile software for Android, iOS, or Google Glass platforms
● Developing deep-learning approaches for insight and analysis about human behavior from video
● Machine Learning: use your expertise in statistics and machine learning to analyze messy real-world data sets (mainly image/video) and then create solutions that are general, repeatable, and automated
● Make it easy to get high quality, automated, results without expert intervention. Build scalable products and reusable libraries in Python, Scala, and/or C++, taking advantage of Spark, Hadoop, and other tool stacks as appropriate.
● Developing computational and algorithmic approaches to understand and characterize speech and vocalizations
● Interact cross-functionally: work with people across the team to find creative solutions and deliver them
● Skilled at data visualization and presentation
The candidate will be called upon to present work at national and international research conferences.
● Ph.D. in Computer Science, Information Science, Biomedical Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related technical discipline.
● Experience with Computer Vision and Deep Learning architectures (CNNs, RNNs, etc).
● Strong foundation in machine learning and data science.
● Programming skills with proficiency in Python, Java, and/or R.
● Experience with cloud development ecosystems – Google or AWS.
● Experience with machine learning frameworks such as scikit-learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch, and/or Keras.
● Experience with mobile app development for Android and/or iOS platforms.
● Experience with speech processing or audio signal processing.
● Ability to present/visualize outputs to multidisciplinary audience.
Required Application Materials:
● Statement of Interest, CV, and list of 3 references