Mid-level industry position
Process Development Associate
Poseida Therapeutics, Inc. is seeking an outstanding candidate to join our Process Development team. The Process Development Associate will be a key member of a dynamic team that develops and implements characterization strategies to support and enable process and clinical development of gene-engineered cell products.
ResponsibilitiesThese may include but are not limited to:
- Provide hands-on development and implementation of characterization strategies for clinical manufacturing to select, gene-modify and grow T cell subsets.
- Partner with Preclinical and with outside Contract Manufacturing Organizations to drive T cell culture techniques and flow cytometry within a cGMP manufacturing environment.
- Design experiments, manage projects, collect data and prepare reports.
Requirements, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in life sciences with 3 plus years of relevant experience (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered)
- Demonstrated excellent aseptic technique. Proficient in cell culture of human lines and primary cells
- Proven experience in biologicals process development or cGMP clinical manufacturing
- Culture, expansion, and manipulation of T cells. Experience with stem cells is a plus
- Experience in human T cell biology with demonstrated proficiency in a broad range of cellular immunology techniques, including flow cytometry and in vitro T cell functional assays (cytotoxicity, ELISA, proliferation, Luminex)
- Experience with industry cell separation technologies (magnetic beads, centrifugation-based techniques, etc.) and FACS sorting
- Experience with Design of Experiment, JMP, and FlowJo
- Excellent communication skills, data presentation and interpersonal skills
- Basic computer skills in Excel, PowerPoint, and word processing
- Attention to detail, initiative, and strong organizational skills
- Experience with drafting SOP and batch record writing. Manufacturing experience is a plus
- Able to travel up to 20%
Who We Are and What We Do
Poseida is a San Diego based biotechnology leader in the development of cell and gene therapies. We have built a wholly-owned pipeline of autologous and allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor T cell, or CAR-T, product candidates, initially focused on the treatment of hematological malignancies and solid tumors. Here at Poseida we are constantly innovating and growing as we advance our CAR-T therapies in the clinic and our gene therapies currently under development. The Poseida team is passionate about the impact we are making in developing treatments, or even cures, for patients with cancer or other genetic diseases.
The company’s CAR-T product candidates are manufactured with Poseida’s non-viral piggyBac® DNA Modification System, resulting in a high percentage of stem cell memory T cells (TSCM). Tscm cells are the only T cells that are self-renewing and long-lived, potentially resulting in product candidates that are more efficacious, less toxic and more durable. Poseida is currently developing the following CAR-T product candidates:
- P-BCMA-101 is an autologous CAR-T therapy for the treatment of relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma, currently enrolling patients for a Phase 2 registrational trial with initial dosing expected in the first half of 2019.
- P-PSMA-101 is an autologous CAR-T product candidate targeting PSMA-specific cancer cells in castrate resistant prostate cancer, with filing of an IND anticipated in the second half of 2019.
- P-BCMA-ALLO1 is an allogeneic, or universal donor, CAR-T product candidate, manufactured using Poseida’s proprietary Cas-CLOVER™ site specific gene editing system and is being developed as a treatment for relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma, with an IND filing anticipated by late 2019 or early 2020.
- P-MUC1C-101 is an autologous CAR-T product candidate in late-stage preclinical development for numerous solid tumor indications, including ovarian, breast, lung, colorectal, pancreatic and renal cancers, with filing of an IND anticipated in 2020.
Poseida plans to broadly advance its current CAR-T programs and emerging pipeline programs, including gene therapies for orphan genetic diseases.
To apply send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.