Executive / senior industry position
- MilliporeSigma is looking for a Process Development Scientist to join the technical branch of the commercial organization in the Northern CA Bay Area Region. The Process Development Scientist is part of a worldwide team of engineers and scientists reporting into the technical support group for MilliporeSigma’s Process Solutions business. The ideal candidate will be a scientist/engineer with an in-depth knowledge and understanding of bioprocess unit operations.
- Proactively pursuing and performing process development studies for the purification of therapeutic proteins using MilliporeSigma technologies such as sterile filtration, depth filtration, tangential flow filtration, viral reduction filtration, as well as, chromatography.
- Involvement in selection and sizing, process optimization, and technology transfer activities associated with the purification of new pharmaceuticals with a focus on Phase I-III drug development.
- Provide consultation to customers through email or telecon.
- Collaborate and work with customer process development groups in the CA-Bay Area region.
- Work collaboratively with a team of local MilliporeSigma account managers to provide technical expertise to local customers.
- Document customer interfacing activities through appropriate electronic systems.
- Propose new technical ideas/areas for the larger group to advance state-of-the-art.
- Communicate and work effectively in cross-functional teams, influence technical approaches and support strategy execution.
- Ability to travel up to 20% within North America region with some international travel
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s in science in chemical engineering, pharmaceutical sciences, life sciences, chemistry or biochemistry with 3+ years of experience within pharmaceutical development or technology implementation; OR Master’s in a life sciences discipline with 1+ year bio-pharma experience
- 2+ years of experience working in a lab environment working in a biological field
- Master’s or PhD preferred
- Sound understanding of downstream and/or upstream biomanufacturing process requirements, best practices, and industry standards.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency with personal computer software in a business environment (Microsoft Office preferred)
- Excellent hands on laboratory skills, working knowledge of Microsoft Excel or other data analysis software and be able to:
- Develop test protocols and effectively execute the studies.
- Derive relevant conclusions, based on the experimental results, and effectively communicate this to our customers.
- Make recommendations for future course of action based on experimental results.
- Relay relevant results to sales, field marketing, etc.
- Ability to identify thought leadership opportunities and execute through lunch & learns, publications, presentations, etc. with a focus on customer collaboration.
- Ability to cope with change, adjust test plans quickly, and comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Ability to build effective relationships; both internally and externally.
- Ability to produce quality written experimental reports and other appropriate documentation.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, and able to work independently in a field-based position.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively to diverse audiences through both written and oral communications
Job Requisition ID: 207861
Location: Field Service
Career Level: C - Professional (1-3 years)
Working time model: full-time
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
North America Disclosure
The Company is committed to accessibility in its workplaces, including during the job application process. Applicants who may require accommodation during the application process should speak with our HR Services team at 855 444 5678 from 8:00am to 5:30pm ET Monday through Friday.