Research assistant / technician
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind. BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives. Duties
The Research Assistant, will support activities in the Formulation development laboratories encompassing the areas of laboratory equipment maintenance, laboratory facility maintenance, GLP documentation, reagent preparation, and supporting development activies as needed. The RA is responsible for oversight/scheduling of routine maintenance of analytical instrumentation, controlled temperature environment (CTE) chambers, general laboratory facility maintenance. The selected candidate should posess excellent organizational, and communication skills and also be a self-starter willing to work efficiently in a dynamic environment.
- Performs routine instrument/equipment maintenance to ensure the proper function and compliant use.
- Performs good documentation practices with instrument and equipment laboratory logbooks and ensures compliance in their documentation.
- Performs routine laboratory facilities checks to ensure proper maintenance and compliant use of the laboratory areas and equipment.
- Assists in the procurement, receiving, installment and repair of bioanalytical instrumentation and lab equipment.
- Coordinates and performs common reagent preparation of buffers and other necessary routine reagents used in research.
- Maintains and washes glassware
- Participates in projects or tasks assigned
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good documentation skills
Minimum: Associates degree in a scientific discipline and experience as a laboratory technician or laboratory assistant
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in a scientific discipline and an academic background in biotechnology or equivalent.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or apply for a position, email Applicant_accommodations@bmrn.com with your request. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or correspondence. We will only respond to those requests that are related to the accessibility of the online application system due to a disability.