Researcher / analyst
Find your new career in Bay Area life sciences! Scroll down to browse listings from hundreds of companies in the QB3 network.
South San Francisco, CA, US We are seeking a highly motivated Research Associate to aid our internal research efforts to identify and develop new immune-based therapies for the treatment of cancer and autoimmune diseases. The selected candidate will be part of the Biology Group where the data generated forms a critical element in preclinical target validation and the characterization of leading drug candidates in relevant immune models to aid program progression. Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Isolate cells and establish primary cell culture from murine tissues/organs, human peripheral blood or tumor infiltrating lymphocytes
- Perform flow cytometry-based phenotypic and functional analyses
- Perform assays to evaluate the effect of candidate immunotherapies upon human immune cell function
- Analyze data and present results
- Share knowledge by enthusiastic collaboration with other researchers inside and outside the group
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in industrial or academic settings.
- Experience with cell culture is highly desired
- Familiarity with tumor immunology or suppressive immune cell-types is a plus
- Experience with cell and molecular biology techniques
- Ability to troubleshoot experimental challenges and deliver high-quality data for time-sensitive objectives.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The candidate should enjoy operating in a dynamic environment where every voice matters.
Sign up for our mailing list
Our events and newsletter mailings are a great way to learn about what's going on and keep up with the latest from our startups.