Researcher / analyst
S. San Francisco, CA, US, 94080
For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We are seeking a highly-motivated, experienced Research Scientist 1 (Discovery Bioanalysis) for our growing Discovery site located in South San Francisco, CA.
The succesful candidate will perform and monitor routine analysis of large molecules and biotherapeutics in complex biological matricces. For current position, you will provide quantitative analysis, develop new analytical methods and date interpretation of various biological samples uisng LC-MS/MS and enzyme-based immunoassays.
All aspects of analytical laboratory operations, such as sample receipt, data generation, verification and interpretation, aberrant data and out-of-specification investigations, instrument qualification, operation and troubleshooting, and all supporting documentation of such activities.
- Assure high quality of the analytical work performed at our company
- Conduct scientific literature searches and maintain accurate documentation of experiments
- Provide guidance and mentor junior research associates
- Project planning and ensuring projects run to time frame and key milestones
- Preparation and writing of bioanalytical reports
- Education: Bachelor's degree (B.S./B.A.) or equivalent in a scientific related discipline. Related Master's degree (M.S./M.A.) or Ph.D. preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of 6 years related experience in the contract research, academic, or pharmaceutical industry.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Certification/Licensure: Certification as appropriate for specialty preferred.
- Other: Full understanding of regulatory requirements of study types assigned, as well as Testing Facility SOPs, as appropriate. Knowledge of applicable international guidelines for all types of studies. Demonstrate leadership skills as they pertain to intra- and interdepartmental initiatives, Sponsor interactions, and business development. Effective written and verbal communication skills. Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize work and meet deadlines. Proficiency in the use of standard software including Microsoft® Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc. and analytical instrumentation software
About Discovery Discovery from Charles River is industry-proven in the successful development of novel therapies, with over 320 patents and 74 preclinical drug candidates delivered to our sponsors in the past 17 years. Backed by more than 650 scientists, our comprehensive, integrated portfolio employs the latest technology and platforms to provide chemistry, biology, and pharmacology services that support clients from the earliest stages of hit identification all the way through to IND. Our client-focused, collaborative approach creates true partnerships that anticipate challenges, overcome obstacles, and move us forward together on the journey of getting new drugs to market.
About Charles River Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 14,000 employees within 80 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2018, revenue increased by 22% to $2.27 billion from $1.86 billion in 2017.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2018.
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland