Practitioner / consultant
Share this Job
Company: Bentley Systems
About Bentley Systems
Bentley Systems is the leading global provider of software solutions to engineers, architects, geospatial professionals, constructors, and owner-operators for the design, construction, and operations of infrastructure, including public works, utilities, industrial plants, and digital cities. Bentley’s MicroStation-based open modeling applications, and its open simulation applications, accelerate design integration; its ProjectWise and SYNCHRO offerings accelerate project delivery; and its AssetWise offerings accelerate asset and network performance. Spanning infrastructure engineering, Bentley’s iTwin Services are fundamentally advancing BIM and GIS to 4D digital twins.
Bentley Systems employs more than 3,500 colleagues, generates annual revenues of $700 million in 170 countries, and has invested more than $1 billion in research, development, and acquisitions since 2014. From inception in 1984, the company has remained majority-owned by its five founding Bentley brothers.
Bentley has openings for technical sales roles for its Citilabs product suite - Cube, Sugar Access. Industry exposure in transportation is mandatory, as the successful candidate will know and understand public sector objectives for applying transportation related software.
Sales Engineers are focused on finding new business opportunities for assigned brands with new accounts or within existing accounts at Bentley. They are responsible for selling product licenses and subscriptions as well as services related to those product licenses and subscriptions.
Sales Engineers are responsible for achieving assigned sales quotas and goals for users and prospects located within a defined geographic territory and specific product range.
Sales Engineers are expected to prospect and develop business, respond to RFPs and other incoming sales leads, develop proposals and give presentations and demonstrations to existing users and prospects, all in close cooperation with Account Managers. They coordinate resources and collaborate with other Bentley colleagues where and when necessary. They devote considerable amount of time to visiting prospects, existing users and sales events in their assigned territory.
- Responsible for selling assigned brands (Citilabs – Cube, Sugar Access ) into both net new and existing users.
- Creating effective business plans, prospecting for net new business opportunities and driving sales in assigned territory to exceed quota.
- Develop relationships at various levels including C-Level, VPs, Directors with target accounts through use of direct sales techniques and conduct on-site meetings.
- Develop a sales pipeline and forecast all revenue by effectively following sales process and managing all opportunities in CRM. Adhere to the Bentley Sales Process fully utilizing SAP Cloud for Sales (C4S) as a daily sales tool and reporting system.
- Promote our value proposition to designers, engineers, architects, contractors and owners by providing technical solutions to help the customer's meet or exceed business objectives.
- Deliver software demonstrations for qualified prospects and users.
- Participate in relevant exhibitions, trade shows, and other events.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge and understanding of all Commercial Offerings and Software Support Policies.
- High level use and comfort utilizing social media and prospecting intelligence resources.
- Negotiate sales and/or service agreements.
- Maintain a high knowledge level of the company's solutions and services.
- BS or MS in transportation planning, engineering, urban planning or related discipline.
- You gained engineering experience (preferably 2 to 3 years), like the engineering world but found out that you don’t want to be a practicing engineer.
- You have prior experience working with CUBE or competing transportation platforms.
- Preferably you hold an applicable professional qualification (for example PE, CE, …)
- You have commercial talent with a minimum 1-2 years’ experience in sales or customer service and you can close a deal in a pleasant non-intrusive manner.
- You are a self-starter.
- You have a positive attitude, eye for detail, are resourceful and inquisitive.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to effectively present information to users and prospects via phone, web and face-to-face.
- Software proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, Cube, ArcGIS, and other related software.
- Solid understanding of transportation modeling including how and why travel models are developed and applied to do traffic forecasting and analysis.
- You should have the ability to travel up to 50% of your time.
- Living in or close to the designated sales territory is essential.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
Bentley is an equal opportunity employer and considers for employment all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, disability, protected veteran status, religion, national origin, age or any other protected characteristic. Additional information about your rights as an applicant under the law may be found by clicking here and here.
or sending us an email at email@example.com.
Search Firm Disclosure: Please be aware Bentley is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. This includes any phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Bentley via-email, the Internet (including social media) or in any form and/or method for this specific position in the absence of a written recruiting agreement executed by both you and/or your firm and Bentley will be deemed the sole property of Bentley and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Bentley.
Job Segment: Construction, R&D Engineer, Engineer, Geology, Civil Engineer, Engineering