Mid-level industry position
Requisition ID:103214BRWhen you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.South San Francisco, CAThe Genetic Sciences Division is seeking an experienced and highly motivated scientist to work on a team developing microbial detection applications for regulated marketsHow will you make an impact?You will work on global IVD projects from ground floor development stage. You will use your strong experimental skills, broad understanding of molecular biology and/or biotechnology, and an understanding of regulated product development (CE-IVD or US IVD) to take products from conceptualization to validation. You will collaborate with R&D, Software, Product Managers, Manufacturing and external partners.What will you do?
- Perform sample extraction and qPCR assay optimization
- Operate instrumentation including qPCR and liquid handling systems
- Design and execute DOE studies and analyze data using JMP or comparable program. Summarize study designs and results in PowerPoint for presentation at group meetings.
- Develop testing protocols and prepare project reports
- Complete lab compliance activities (per ISO 13485 QMS regulations)
- Work in a fast paced environment with supportive teammates
How will you get here?Education Experience
- Strong skills in molecular biology (including DNA, RNA and protein handling, PCR, qPCR, quantification methods)
- Experience in IVD product development, clinical genetic testing, or core laboratory facility preferred
- Experience with methods for extraction of DNA and RNA from microbes and viruses (manual and automated sample prep methods).
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Attention to detail
- Must be tolerant to change, ready to take on new challenges and open to learning new skills
- Strong presentation skills; communication written and verbal
- Knowledge of basic data analysis and interpretation (proficient in Microsoft Office)
- Ability to follow molecular biology protocols and strictly adhere to all steps
- Candidate must have a general understanding of microbiology.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $24 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands - Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status. Read More
Philadelphia's Fair Chance Hiring Law Read More
Disability Access If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, including the use of this website, please Click Here.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws; Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA); Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO); and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).