Senior researcher / group leader
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.Location / DivisionHow will you make an impact?When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals. You will be a technical leader responsible for research and development of new ion chromatography column and sample preparation products based on ion exchange technology.What will you do?
- Conduct exploratory R&D activities for new ion chromatography column and sample preparation consumable products
- Be a key player on product development teams to strategically and tactically guide R&D activities in efforts to develop highly differentiated ion chromatography separation media, columns, and sample preparation products
- Investigate and explore new ideas and concepts by defining experiments, building, debugging and characterizing prototypes
- Lead new product development efforts including prototype design and development, functional testing, prototype and new product characterization, scale up efforts and manufacturability assessments
- Serve as a technical resource to management and cross functional teams in the areas of ion exchange chromatography consumables, synthesis, modification and characterization
- Work with product management and operations representatives to provide technical supports for ion chromatography column and sample preparation consumables
- Be an accomplished presenter to deliver new product design and application messaging internally, at conferences, and during interactions with customers
- Write invention disclosures and possible patent applications
- Manage and prioritize daily assignments to ensure timely completion
How will you get here?Education / ExperiencePhD in polymer chemistry, organic chemistry, or equivalent science discipline AND at least one (1) year of relevant industry experience; OR master’s degree in polymer chemistry, organic chemistry, or equivalent science discipline AND at least 3 years of relevant industry experience requiredKnowledge, Skills, Abilities
- In-depth knowledge of polymer and latex synthesis
- Hand on experience on using characterization tools such as IC or HPLC chromatography, particle size analysis, surface area measurements, and other related techniques
- Strong knowledge of liquid and ion chromatography principles and ion exchange materials
- Well versed in analytical chemistry principles and analytical method development
- High level of technology fluency to understand and properly communicate the technology associated with assigned products
- Strong understanding of chromatography instrumentation, principles and troubleshooting ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks with different priorities
- Ability to make independent decisions
- Ability to dissect problems with strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to accurately plan, define, and manage project tasks
- Capable of working with multi-disciplinary teams
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $24 billion and approximately 70,000 employees globally. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics, deliver medicines to market and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands - Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services - we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status. Read More
Philadelphia's Fair Chance Hiring Law Read More
Disability Access If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, including the use of this website, please Click Here.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws; Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA); Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO); and Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).