Executive / senior industry position
Find your new career in Bay Area life sciences! Scroll down to browse listings from hundreds of companies in the QB3 network.
Foster City, CA, US If so, we want to speak with you!
We work in a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and creativity. You’ll be able to make a difference in the goals and strategic direction of both the science team and the company broadly. Just as you are investing in us, we want to invest in you. You’ll have generous opportunities for personal and professional growth. As a member of a transformative translational medicine platform, you’ll personally have a direct impact on patient outcomes today, as well as the future of cancer care.
- Discover and develop novel combination therapies and biomarkers for personalized cancer therapy using our transformative ex vivo high-throughput screening (HTS) platform.
- Develop new ex vivo assays to assess the efficacy of different classes of therapeutic agents on primary human tumor samples.
- Being the Research Project Lead, you will lead research programs from early discovery to clinical trials.
- Collaborate with engineering, computational biology, high-throughput screening and clinical development group to pursue the most promising drug candidates through clinical trials.
- Participate in collaborations with industry and academic partners.
- Present at group meetings, company-wide seminars and international conferences.
- Ph.D. in oncology, cancer biology or other related field with 3+ years research experience in industry.
- Demonstrated success in leading R&D projects in industry. Broad experience with different classes of oncology drugs.
- Achievements in one or more of the following areas: precision medicine, oncology drug development, biomarker discovery, cancer genetics or epigenetics, as demonstrated by strong publications and/or patents.
- Strong hands-on experience in multicolor flow cytometry, high-throughput screening, ex vivo assays with primary human samples.
- Excellent experimental design, data analysis and trouble-shooting skills. Sound scientific judgement.
- Strong oral presentation and written communication skills.
- Organized, collaborative, team-player attitude.
What we can offer you
- The opportunity to directly fight cancer, one patient at a time
- Exposure to experts from diverse backgrounds ranging from engineering, data science, operations, cancer biology, clinical medicine, patient advocacy, and beyond
- Work in a collaborative environment with a team dedicated to both personal and scientific growth and development
- Highly competitive, early stage company compensation package, with incredible growth opportunities
- Outstanding healthcare benefits
More About Us
Notable Labs is a precision medicine company that has a translational drug discovery platform focused on identifying novel therapeutic options for cancer patients.
Our clinical research lab helps oncologists identify personalized and rational combinations of treatments for patients. We’ve developed a high throughput robotic flow cytometry lab platform that screens thousands of FDA-approved and investigational drug combinations against the patient’s own cancer cells to help predict safer and more effective cancer treatments. Our lab has completed initial feasibility studies with clinicians in relapsed Acute Myeloid Leukemia & Myelodysplastic Syndrome, with an 84% predictive rate. Focusing on individual patients and existing treatments, we’re working to discover novel uses of drugs and defining mechanisms underlying cancer progression and drug resistance.
Our research and development platform extends our clinical research to drug discovery, testing novel compounds with primary patient samples for pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. Using our automated, high-throughput, multi-parametric drug screening research platform, industry partners can assay the biological impact of novel compounds on primary cells in a physiologically relevant environment. This helps our partners stratify patients by their predicted responsiveness, increasing the probability of successful clinical development. We are actively partnering with pharmaceutical companies that have preclinical and clinical stage drug pipelines in Acute Myeloid Leukemia, Myelodysplastic Syndrome, or related hematological malignancies to profile experimental drug activity in patient samples.
Our investors include Builders Venture Capital, Founders Fund, First Round Capital, Y Combinator, several prominent angels and seed-stage funds, and Accelerate Brain Cancer Cure, a venture philanthropy firm founded by Steve Case.
At Notable Labs we value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.ᐧ
Sign up for our mailing list
Our events and newsletter mailings are a great way to learn about what's going on and keep up with the latest from our startups.