Executive / senior industry position
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients’ lives by identifying, developing and commercializing meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and hematology/oncology – areas in which we have a deep understanding of the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our team. If you’re looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering commitment to improving patients’ lives and being a great place to work, we hope you’ll explore our career openings and get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Senior Director, HR Business Partner will partner directly with the GM, North America and leadership team to define and deliver human capital strategies that directly align with the business strategies. This role is critical to our fast paced growth and evolution to be an innovative bio pharmaceutical company. We have recently announced a new GM structure that is responsible for marketing, commercial, market access, and now, medical affairs. The Senior Director, HRBP will lead the organizational effectiveness and change management needed to bring this model to life. Additionally, we are commercializing at a fast rate and undergoing commercial expansion. The incumbent to this role will ensure we bring in the right talent in the right roles to deliver on this critical priority. Lastly, and just as important, a critical responsibility of this role is to lead our efforts to ensure Jazz is cultivating its mission, values, and priority to be a great place to work.
- Provides strategic HR Business Partner expertise to GM, North America and respective leadership teams to maximize organizational performance.
- Takes a leadership role in cultivating Jazz’s mission and culture and delivering an optimal inclusive employee experience.
- Translates business strategy and organizational needs into solutions including workforce planning, organizational design and development, talent management, and change management.
- Takes a systemic and insights and data driven approach to shape and influence strategies and solve emerging organizational/talent challenges.
- Proactive and credible partner and advisor to senior leaders; brings thought leadership and experience to grow our leaders.
- Partners collaboratively with Talent Management, Talent Acquisition, Rewards and HR Operations to design and deliver HR solutions and define near term and long termrequirements. Translates the HR needs of the business and deploys programs and processes in ways that bring value.
- Leads team responsible for manager, team, and employee effectiveness and employee relations.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Understanding of the business and how human capital strategies drive business outcomes
- Superior ability to diagnose; using data and insight to drive tangible and impactful plans
- Outcomes driven mindset; starts with the end in mind; results and metrics oriented
- Systems thinker; connects dots and drives to a bigger picture
- Consultative approach to business partnership
- High collaboration; demonstrated ability to effectively works across, up and down to drive outcomes
- Self-starter; assertively tackles problems to deliver results
- Very high emotional intelligence (relational, self and social awareness and management, influence, learning agility)
- Disruptor spirit and external orientation – bringing fresh and innovative ideas to the table
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment, integrating cross-functional input and guidance into priorities and solutions
- Effective balance in ability to build strategy and execute
- People management; leads with a multiplier effect; motivating and aligning teams to a greater purpose; driving accountability; developing team and individuals
- Understands the critical role that an inclusive culture and diverse workforce plays in driving high performance and eager to be a part of a team that will drive an integrated agenda to that end
- Strong HR fundamentals – executive and manager coaching, change management, employee relations, compensation & benefits, HR systems/processes
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- MBA preferred; BS required
- People leadership experience required