Executive / senior industry position
SUMMARYDevelop clinical lab test reports and business reports using Jasper Reports technology on the LabVantage LIMS platform.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop report templates leveraging sub-reports.
- Develop Dx test reports to match approved specifications (up to 24 test reports).
- Develop transactional business reports on the lab system (up to 30 reports).
- Develop sql queries as needed to support the development of the above reports.
- Fix defects/issues identified during the software development lifecycle.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCEPosition generally requires a Bachelor Degree in business, computer science or equivalent experience plus 5+ years of experience developing reports using a reporting technology such as Jasper Reports, Crystal Reports, MS Sql Server Reporting Services, with at least 2+ years of experience with Jasper Reports technology.
- Demonstrated track record of developing reports using Jasper Reports with attention to details.
- Strong demonstrated report template design skills to match report mockups/design produced by Marketing.
- Experienced in developing common report templates from examples for efficient report development and maintenance.
- Demonstrated back-end skills to connect to SQL databases to fetch data from tables and view, apply filter and sort criteria.
- Familiar with software development life-cycle. Experience with analyzing data from SQL databases and writing SQL queries against MS Sql Server.
- Understands relational databases. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio).
LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to analyze, and interpret common technical documents, and reports. Ability to respond to common inquiries or issues/defects from IT and internal business customers. Ability to write report documentation.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLSAbility to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, rations, and proportions to practical situations.
REASONING AND ANALYTICAL ABILITYAbility to define problems, collect data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other protected class.