A Day in the Life
• Drive software engineering practices that result in fast progress to successful design that performs predictably in the field. Drive the development practices and processes used in the software development organization.
• Integrate SW and reliability engineering practices and tools.
• Understand, evaluate and adapt new methodologies to drive acceleration and improvements.
• Set the strategy for improvements. Select and prioritize projects, ensuring work aligns with strategic goals. Create plans to organize and manage portfolio of improvement projects.
• Train team members on how to use continuous improvement techniques, such as process mapping, control charts, histograms and root cause analysis.
• Enhance training by collaborating with leaders across the corporation.
• Collaborate cross-functionally to drive systematic change.
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
• Leads or leverages cross functional teams to evaluate, develop and manage projects for new product development and ongoing lifecycle management of products, processes and therapies.
• Oversees and manages the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management.
• Manages the development and implementation process of a company’s products and services involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products and processes.
• Reviews status of projects and budgets; manages schedules and prepares status reports.
• Monitors the project from initiation through delivery.
• Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives.
• Develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers, and clients.
• Gathers requirements, works on requirements planning, requirements elicitation and requirements management to ensure they meet demands of project’s key stakeholders.
• Communicates with stakeholders, obtains stakeholder engagement to ensure the end products or processes will solve the business problems.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or Sciences with 7+ year of experience or an advanced degree with 5+ years of experience.
Nice to Have
• 3 + years’ experience leading initiatives or organization.
• 1+ year experience SW reliability, process improvements, or efficiency.
• Demonstrated proficiency with software or process mapping tools/software.
• Understanding of business analysis and process initiatives to produce measurable productivity gains.
• Proven team leadership and communication skills, and the ability to influence others at all levels of an organization.
• Skills and experience in end-to-end process analysis, design and improvement to rapidly deliver major business outcomes.
• Expert level with Use case/Design models, Agile practices, OOD.
• Experience in software process and quality improvement including methods such as LEAN and CMMI.
• Experience in DFSS practices and tools such as DFMEA, P-diagram, Use case & Design diagrams.
• Possesses an understanding of working in an FDA regulated environment
• Embedded or mobile app software development or test experience.