Mid-level industry position
In order to purchase products you must first fill out a customer application. Once your application has been approved you will be able to purchase products directly.
Please upgrade your account today!
Job Function: We are hiring a Technical Support Specialist for our Manufacturing Support & Service (MSS) group. The Technical Support Specialist will assist the Program Group Lead and Formulation and Feasibility Scientist in accomplishing various tasks such as formula review and evaluation, product formulation, documentation, raw material procurement, and inventory. The person in this role will spend 80% of the time on office/administrative work, and 20% in the laboratory. The Technical Support Specialist will be responsible for working on all processes and procedures which impact MSS, performing all inventory and batch record documentation review, and all technical input for in-process formulations.
- Maintain and update inventory and schedules with planning for timely delivery
- Review and create MSDS for all new products
- Review formulation history records, raw materials, and finished product specifications for trends and initiate appropriate process modifications
- Act as the primary and or secondary backup to Program Group Lead and the Formulation and Feasibility Scientist
- Will work both independently and as part of a team
- Respond to technical inquires and concerns
- Support new product development and transfer between R&D and manufacturing
- Associate’s Degree required; Bachelor’s Degree in Biology or Chemistry preferred
- 0-2 years’ relevant experience required with Bachelor’s Degree (3-5 years’ experience with Associate’s Degree)
- Knowledge of cell culture media formulation, aseptic dispensing, and clean room practices
- Knowledge of measurement conversions
- Good writing/reading and communication skills
- Good documentation practices
- Good math skills, computer skills and a good understanding of general Chemistry and Biochemistry
FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.