Researcher / analyst
SCHOOL OF MEDICINE– ANATOMY DEPARTMENT
The Nystul lab is seeking a Junior/Assistant/Associate/Full Specialist to join our group and contribute to new and ongoing projects. Our lab focuses on epithelial stem cells using Drosophila melanogaster as a model. The successful applicant will design and perform experiments to investigate mechanisms of competition for an epithelial stem cell niche using the Drosophila as a model. The applicant will develop a detailed understanding of Drosophila genetics, Drosophila oogenesis, stem cell biology, and epithelial biology. An exceptional candidate will lead their own independent project, develop new ideas, be familiar with the literature, and participate in procurement of funds, where appropriate. Additionally, the specialist will be expected to assist with managing day-to-day lab operations, and perform general lab duties and be a positive lab citizen.
- Willingness and ability to learn new methods and skills for changing research priorities.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a research team.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, coordinate work tasks with others, and meet multiple deadlines.
- Must have (or be in process of obtaining) a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent degree) or four years of research experience to be appointed at the Junior rank.
- Must have (or be in process of obtaining) a master’s degree (or equivalent degree) or at least five to ten years of research experience to be appointed at the Assistant or Associate ranks.
- Must have (or be in process of obtaining) a terminal degree (or equivalent degree) or at least ten or more years of research experience to be appointed at the Full rank.
- Experience performing statistical analysis of data
- Knowledge of phylogenetic analysis
- Knowledge about research design, ethics in research, and data presentation
We are seeking at least a 1-year commitment. Depending on performance and workload, opportunities for independent research, mentorship of other trainees, and scientific writing will be available.
Applicants must meet requirements by the time of appointment.
UC San Francisco seeks candidates whose experience, teaching, research, or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.
Please apply online at https://aprecruit.ucsf.edu/JPF03017.
Cover Letter (Optional)
Misc / Additional (Optional)
Next review date:Tuesday, Jul 7, 2020 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time) Apply by this date to ensure full consideration by the committee.
Final date: Wednesday, Dec 22, 2021 at 11:59pm (Pacific Time) Applications will continue to be accepted until this date, but those received after the review date will only be considered if the position has not yet been filled.
See our Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act Annual Security Reports
Academic Personnel Recruit