Improving Health for Individuals, Communities, & Populations
The online Master of Science in Health Sciences (MSHS) program at Trident University creates the foundation for your success.
Next Session Starts on August 19, 2019 Apply Today
Earn a Masters in Health Sciences (MSHS) From a 100% Online University
Gain the knowledge and skills needed to be a strong manager and leader in health sciences with the online Master of Science in Health Sciences (MSHS) program at Trident University. In our 100% online program, you will:
- Become efficient in discerning, implementing, and evaluating new developments and advances in health sciences.
- Learn to balance the needs of health practice within sociopolitical and economic environments.
- Improve your ability to critically evaluate research findings.
- Engage in meaningful online discussion, experiences, and relationships.
- Collaborate with a highly qualified, respected, and diverse health sciences faculty.
The online masters in health sciences program promotes educational opportunities for career advancement, employment mobility, and lifelong learning. Our online health sciences students have a passion for thinking about ways to make health sciences systems work better and improve outcomes for patients in different environments.
By immersing yourself in in-depth research projects, engaging with other students and world-respected faculty, and completing rigorous masters-level coursework, you will prepare yourself for a fulfilling career as a health sciences leader.
See the Trident University Catalog for full descriptions of all online health sciences masters courses.
CoursesYour courses at Trident will be relevant and inspiring. As an MS in Health Sciences student, you will take a variety of classes, including Cultural Diversity in Health Sciences, Scholarly Writing in the Health Sciences, and Biostatistics.
You must complete 40 semester credits of core courses and electives. See the Trident University Catalog for full descriptions of all program course offerings.
- Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety This concentration prepares professionals for management and director-level positions in the environmental health sciences and occupational health and safety fields.
- Health Education
- Public Health This concentration prepares professionals for careers in the public health field as well as advanced doctoral studies.
CertificatesThe MS in Health Sciences program also offers a 4 course (16 credits) graduate certificate. The following certificates are offered:
- Health Education
- Cumulative minimum GPA of 2.5.
- Certificate-seeking students must provide official transcripts of all prior academic work, including military transcripts.
- Masters degree and certificate students are required to provide official transcripts from the institution granting the most recently conferred bachelors or masters degree.
- Academic entrance exams, such as GRE, MAT or GMAT, are not required for admission.
- International students must provide proof of English proficiency (see Trident University Catalog for details).
- Prior academic work will be articulated during the admission process.
- All courses, whether applied to a program or general elective in transfer will be posted to the student’s permanent record.
- Transfer credits will not be included in the calculation of overall GPA.
- Graduate coursework submitted for transfer must have been completed within the prior seven years unless the content is deemed outdated or no longer equivalent or relevant by Trident.
- Trident may accept for transfer to the masters degree up to 30% of graduate level credits from other accredited colleges or universities. All transferred course credits must have a GPA of 3.0 or better.
School Performance Fact Sheet (California Residents Data)Pursuant to California State Law, Trident University publishes and provides to students residing in California, Performance Fact Sheets to help students make informed decisions regarding their program of interest. The fact sheet for each degree program is filed with the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education. Regardless of any information students may have relating to completion rates, placement rates, starting salaries, or license exam passage rates, fact sheets contain the information as calculated pursuant to state law. Any questions a student may have regarding this fact sheet that have not been satisfactorily answered by the institution may be directed to the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education at: P.O. Box 980818, West Sacramento, CA 95798-0818 | www.bppe.ca.gov | P:888.370.7589 or 916.431.6959 | F:916.263.1897 tuition type
*Assumes no transfer credit and that student in a 36 credit program enrolls in an average of 18 credits per year for 2 years.
- Food, Housing, and Transportation: N/A
- Graduation Fee: $150
- Official Transcript: $10 (rush fee $35)
- Other Expedited Shipping Fees: varies based on region
- Payment Plan Set-up: $30 (non-refundable)
- Student ID Card: $10 (optional)
- Technology Fee: $0
- Other fees may apply and are subject to change without advance notice.
Seeking more information on the cost of attending Trident University? Visit Trident’s Financial Aid Resources page where you will find financial aid tools including Trident’s Net Price Calculator and Shopping Sheet, a guide to assist in early financial planning for college.
Cypress, CA 90630GEORGIA, NEW YORK, AND MASSACHUSETTS RESIDENTS:THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN TRIDENT UNIVERSITY INTERNATIONAL. CURRENTLY WE HAVE RESTRICTIONS FOR ENROLLING STUDENTS FROM GEORGIA, NEW YORK, AND MASSACHUSETTS. PLEASE CONTACT OUR ADMISSIONS DEPARTMENT FOR INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR ELIGIBILITY TO ENROLL AT TRIDENT 866-404-7325.MINNESOTA AND OREGON RESIDENTS:Registration is limited to previously admitted students as Trident is not authorized to enroll any new or prospective students in Minnesota or Oregon.PUBLICITY STATEMENT:Trident University International (TUI) hosts and attends many events and gatherings throughout the year. As part of TUI’s ongoing communication about these activities, photos and/or videos from those events may be posted on TUI’s website or social media pages. It is possible that an individual may appear in these photos or videos. Please contact TUI if you would like to have your picture or video removed. Upon receipt of this notification, TUI will remove the images as soon as viable.